Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dutch Punk - Ninth Post (Svatsox)



When back in the days I bought the Svatsox 7" I posted earlier I though they sounded a bit too much like The Ex, which were my favorites. I never heard their records, which came after that, and now I regret that I didn't get those. 'Ruins' is still very much like early Ex stuff, but the second one is a really mature punk/post punk record, which sees them moving away from the cliche of punk. This post contains both these records. In the 'Ruins' zip you will also find demo recordings from july 1980, very very kindly donated by Niels of the famous Eet U Smakelijk blog. Svatsox later became De Kift, with on drums Wim, who played previously with Rondos. They still perform live and release records.

1. Ruins (LP, Platen twepi, 6,28, 1982)
2. Bred In The Bone, Out In The Flesh (LP, Villa Zuid Moet Blijven Records, 9,42, 1984)

download

6 comments:

Niels said...

Thanks for digitizing my tape! Saves me some time... I forgot to mention the last 5 tracks of the demo are probably from a little later; they sound a bit better and tighter than the rest. "Pollutor Pays Principle", the last track of Ruins, is missing in the download. I'll see if I have it...

433 RPM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
433 RPM said...

and there it already is! number 11 missing now as a separate download. thanks niels!

I CAN HAS CORGAN? said...

Have you uploaded any of the ex's albums? i love their songs on the Oorwormer comp and would like to check out more

433 RPM said...

no, nothing by the ex will come on this blog. this blog is only for music that is no longer available (unless perhaps a copy for a high price at a mailorder), but in the case of the ex everything they did is regularly available at www.theex.nl
i strongly recommend going there and buy them. i am very much against blogs which rip a cd and post it. everybody should hear music on cd, vinyl, tape and not as mp3, but in some cases it's the only form in which things can be heard. that's what i do. mp3 is a black/white xerox of a full color painting - no good, but sometimes the only thing you can get. keep buying cds!

433rpm

I CAN HAS CORGAN? said...

oh awesome i didn't know it was still available. i will check out the link thanks!